Wednesday, October 7, 2009

How are you insisting on failure?


If you’re launching a new product, changing what you do so you can attract more clients, or completely starting over, this lesson is incredibly important. And I want to shorten your learning curve…so let’s learn it together!

Over the past two weeks, I’ve had the opportunity to experience first hand one of the things
David Neagle consistently talks about during his coaching, “The fear never goes away.” I desperately wish it wasn’t so. And in reality, any time we venture into new paths, fear is going to be one of the experiences on the journey. It’s human, it’s normal, its part of the process and a huge opportunity to learn.

My fear in launching new services and programs has focused on old patterns that were painful and I actually don’t want to repeat. I got a chance to notice how stability in my personal life inspires creativity and risk in my business life. The more my personal life is consistent, yummy, and supportive the greater my creativity and inspiration to build business big. With one huge problem: historically I had not built personal partnerships that were equal and up to the changes that can happen really fast when someone like me hits whirlwind mode in
monetizing an idea or product.

I discovered over the past couple weeks I’ve been re-creating the fear that success meant my personal relationships suffered. In fact, on some level I’ve been insisting that this familiar weakness in how I’ve created my life in the past still HAD to be true NOW! The most interesting part is how much this is simply a lie. Those closest to me are completely behind my passion, work, and bringing my gifts to the world. They’re excited about Success & Heart Training, too.

And I’ve been really stuck in making myself afraid that I could have great relationships and friendships OR success in business. You know the extra craziness happening here? Over 90% of the people I talk to about these products and services are excited, have referrals to share with me, and other great boosts demonstrating the success potential for all this work is not just in my head.

Give me a couple hours though, I walk into the door of our house, and WHAM! Those old ghost patterns seem to rise up from the unconscious and before I even realize what I’m doing, there I go! Saying and doing the things that tell folks I don’t believe I can be happy and succeed.

Well, Celebrate and Shout! I can finally see and feel what’s going. That means I can make a different choice. I bet we can even laugh about it.

So I ask you, what are you doing that indicates on some level, in some way that you are insisting on failure? As one of my teachers,
Lansing Barrett Gresham says, “Pain is information, suffering is optional.” How are you insisting that creating success also means you have to suffer?

I encourage you to pause, listen and feel in those moments when you feel so helpless and familiar you’re sure they can’t change. The actions in that moment are you own version of habit vs. current reality. We can change…and creating success in your life and business does not have to mean something else has to go wrong.

Wishing you Success & Heart,

Heidi Sue



No comments:

Post a Comment